Friday, September 14, 2012

For Such a Time as This

It takes you by surprise. You get a phone call. Or maybe someone calls round to your house unannounced. You can tell by the tone of voice that this is something different. “Have you got a few moments. Can I talk to you about something?” You say “Yes, of course. Why don’t we sit down?” Your heart misses a beat because you feel the intensity of the moment. And within a few seconds a new reality unfolds. Something deep down in your stomach starts to tell you: “This conversation is going to shape the rest of my life. This news affects me in a different way to the way it affects anyone else.”

Stop denying, stop ignoring, stop making excuses, stop running away. Realize this needs more than your own strength. Resolve that you will face up to responsibility. Recognize that what you must do must include disclosing your true identity.

Will you listen? Will you do what Esther did, realize the reality of your situation, seek all the help you need, plan carefully, fast, and put yourself in the hands of God? Has God put you right here, right now, for just such a time as this?

1 comment:

Linda said...

Been in that position many, many times! And I know there will be more moments like that. Without God I don't know what I would do! He is my strength!

Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits