Saturday, June 23, 2012

What is Fellowship?

Psalm 55:13-15

New International Version (NIV)
13 But it is you, a man like myself,
    my companion, my close friend,
14 with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship
    at the house of God,
as we walked about
    among the worshipers.

Isn't this verse beautiful?  My companion, my close friend.... with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship at the house of God... as we walked about among worshipers.  Beautiful!

It is so important to be in fellowship with your church friends.. to love on them, care for them, to be there when they need someone etc.. but how can we do that if we don't know them?  We need to make it a priority to get to know people.  Find out what they are about, what they love, what they dislike and what they need... and help them fulfill those longings.

Do you fellowship with your church family or do you leave immediately after worship or services and never speak a word but "hello" to anyone?  Do you sit quietly and not speak a word during discussions?  Do you sit down right after arriving at church instead of mingling?   Stay for a while... linger and get to know people.  I promise you will be blessed that you did!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What i do not realize is if truth be told how you're no longer actually much more neatly-favored than you might be now. You're so
intelligent. You understand thus significantly relating to this matter, produced me in my
opinion consider it from a lot of varied angles. Its like women and
men don't seem to be interested until it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs great. All the time deal with it up!

Here is my homepage - http://www.horizonsenaru.com/index.php/member/17036