Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Grace.  God's wonderful grace.  Is there anything like it?  No.  Not even close.

Oh Lord, you're beautiful,
Your face is all I seek,
For when your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds to me.

I want to take your word and shine it all around.

But first help me to just, live it Lord.
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown.
For my reward is giving glory to you.

Oh Lord, please light the fire,

That once burned bright and clear.
Replace the lamp of my first love,
That burns with Holy fear.

I want to take your word and shine it all around.

But first help me to just, live it Lord.
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown.
For my reward is giving glory to you.

Oh Lord, you're beautiful,

Your face is all I seek,
For when your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds to me.



I love the words to this Keith Green song.   They are such truth to my heart and soul. 

The things that God has been doing in my life since the beginning of this year are astronomical.... with my daily life, with my jobs, with my friendships, with my family... and most of all, in my relationship with Him.

The more I let go, the bigger he becomes. It's really quite funny how that works.  There is strength in submission.  A controlled, bendable, working spirit within.  Listening to his ways not mine....

Thank you Lord, for who you always are despite who I sometimes am.  Thank you for your mercy, grace and love that covers me from day to day.  Please allow me to be a light in someone's darkness today.  Lead my steps and give me words to speak... Amen


Oh Lord, You're Beautiful - by Shane



  Restore the fire of my first love.. that burns with holy fear...

No comments: