Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blessings from God

Psalm 24:4-6

4 The one who has clean hands and a pure heart,
   who does not trust in an idol
   or swear by a false god.  5 They will receive blessing from the LORD
   and vindication from God their Savior.
6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
   who seek your face, God of Jacob.


Blessings.  What are they and where do they come from?  Do they come by way of God's grace and mercy toward us?  Is it the things that we have done that brings them on us?

I know there are many times in my life that it seems that my prayers are not even hitting the ceiling and God is totally silent... and then there are times when He seems to abundantly throw open the blessings of the storehouse and "good" things just pour into my life hand over fist.

Is it something that I have done?  Is it my faith, my belief or my determination?

Or is it just simply God being God.  God, who is good all the time... even when I fail Him miserably.

There are times I believe He waits to reward us.  He waits patiently for us to make the right decisions, do the right things, say the right things ... and then pressed down, shaken together... our blessings start running over.

Luke 6: 38  Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

1 comment:

Janet Rose said...

Psalm 24 has been really speaking to me lately...I just posted it last week myself. :) What a beautiful post to make us think about blessings. Thank you.