Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Here Am I

Deep sorrow fills me today.  I dreamed about crying over a certain event in my life.. and woke with the same heart.  There are times that we must choose to know and believe that God's best intentions are for us.  He tells us that we are highly favored, His beloved, and that He will provide all our needs.  YET.. and not yet, concerning Him, yet concerning ME... Yet, there are times we feel completely unheard.  When our hearts break and our prayers seem to go unanswered...  In THOSE time, I CHOOSE to believe what His Word says... even though, my heart bleeds...

Isaiah 41:13 For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

 Lord God, we hate your silence, and yet we thank you that you are not idol. We thank you that you break your silence and speak to us through your Word and ultimately through Jesus Christ. Lord, redeem your silence in our lives. May it be the impetus that drives us further towards you and not away from you. Lord, we pray as we come to you, that you would break the silence here with your real presence, and speak to us in our heart of hearts, that word that we need to hear, that might mold and shape us more and more toward the mind of Christ. We ask these things in his holy and precious name. Amen.

1 comment:

Janet Rose said...

So true! Beautiful prayer...and one I have prayed myself in one way or another.