Thursday, December 29, 2011

Encourage While It Is Today

I didn't know her.. I didn't have to.  Her tears caused tears of my own.  She spoke of her son in the hospital on hospice who would soon die of cancer. It's not right... when your son is 60 and dying and you are close to 80.  I asked her if I could hug her~ and she said yes. She didn't know if he was saved or not, but said that he didn't want his sister around because he was afraid that she would bombard him with "religious" stuff.  She went to visit him yesterday and she called to say that her son had given his heart to the Lord... and today he died. Life is short.  Sometimes it's sad.. and hard.  There are many questions left unanswered....  Who's neck can you hug today, or who's arm can you put a reassuring hand on?  Who can you pray for or speak encouragement to?

Proverbs 10:21  The words of the godly encourage many

1 comment:

They call me "Deb" said...

Ohhh this is so beautiful and so touching. Thank you for sharing it. Looking now for who I can hug.