Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy First Day of Fall

October is my very favorite month.  It's the month of slightly cooler weather,crunchy leaves, colorful mums, football games, pumpkin hunting, cider making, boot wearing and snuggle making.

I am already wanting to decorate my front yard in gourds, pumpkins, hay bales, flowers and scarecrows!

So many get tangled in hating Halloween, but for my family it's only been a day of passing out candy and recieving candy.  Nothing  more.  No scary or weird dress up's~ just little cowboys and princesses.

I have been canning peach, plum and jalapeno jam  (all as one jam not individual flavors) today and the house smells like a cross between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

My heart feels light and full... and I'm ready for jeans, boots and sweaters with scarves. 

Ah, October.. how I love you!

No comments: