Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Reunions


Who were you way back when?  Who did you hang with?  What part of the crowd were you?

I have a high school band reunion coming up this Saturday.  I've been out of school 28 years and there are people who are going to be there who I haven't seen since I graduated.  The nice thing about this reunion will be that everyone who was in band at some time or other is invited to come~ and so, it will be like reunions for a lot of different ages.  The real reason for our "reunion" is to induct our back then band teacher into the OBA Hall of Fame (Oklahoma Band Association.)  I mainly just want to go to see old classmates.

For the past several weeks I've been going over my high school days in my head.  It's funny and interesting to rethink the things you used to know and do "back in the day" (as my daughter says.) The styles, products, games, shows, movies, words we used, books we read etc....

I'm pretty excited and a bit nervous.  What I love the most is how time has a way of breaking down barriers.  Those that we maybe didn't hang with will sit and talk with us... and the hierarchy is gone... we are all just flesh and blood people who have have lives the last 28 years.. lives of happiness, sorrow, joy and through it all we are still here.

As I settle into Saturday and see faces that I haven't seen in years my prayer is that others will see Jesus in me.  I'm not the person I used to be...

And, it's all because of Him.

No comments: