Here is what I do with fresh garden tomatoes and jalapeno peppers~ Oh how we love this time of year!!
Fresh Garden Salsa
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 hot chile peppers, Serrano or Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
Preparation:Put chopped onion and garlic in a strainer; pour 2 cups boiling water over them then let drain throughly. Discard water. Cool. Combine onions and garlic with chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
Makes about 2 cups of salsa.