Friday, June 3, 2011

Serving while Suffering

Job 30:26-28

26 Yet when I hoped for good, evil came;
   when I looked for light, then came darkness.
27 The churning inside me never stops;
   days of suffering confront me.
28 I go about blackened, but not by the sun;
   I stand up in the assembly and cry for help.


But, I'm a mother who has lost a child...

Serve Him~

But, I'm miserable in my job..

Serve Him~

But, my husband isn't nice to me...

Serve Him~

But, my friends don't like me...

Serve Him~

But, people talk about me...

Serve Him~

But, I'm so sick...

Serve Him~

But, I'm a single parent...

Serve Him~

But my parents died in a car wreck...

Serve Him~

But, I'm afraid to leave the house...

Serve Him~

Have you ever noticed that when you are suffering, if you serve someone else that your pain lessens?  It's true.

Yes, of course we should take care of ourselves, or things in our lives that need taken care of.  But when we are suffering most we should reach out to others.  God has designed it so that the salve that you apply to their lives, will be applied to yours also...

How are you serving Him today?

Galatians 5:13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

No comments: