Thursday, June 9, 2011

It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing ~ Shania Twain

Sweet Shania, bless her heart.  She takes a fall at the CMT Music Wards Ceremony and the world gets to watch it over and over and over and over... the next day on their television sets.

My husband fell in the backyard a couple of days ago because he was holding the dog and walking and stepped into a hole.  Believe me, that was much more entertaining than seeing a beautiful woman loosing grace on national television.  The local news stations should come to our house and have him react it so that they can show it to the world! *tongue in cheek*

Why is it that the media loves to see famous people fail?  I remember several years back when former President Bush had an upset stomach and was sick at a major meeting where it was caught on camera to be shown all the next day.....

Something within people loves to see others fail sometimes.  It's the one-upmanship.  It makes me better than you.

No, it makes us HUMAN.

Seeing sweet Shania fall breaks my heart.  How embarassing that had to be.  But, you know what?  She's just human.  She makes mistakes.  She stumbles and falls (physically or in life) and so do we.

Next time you see someone that has "fallen" help them up.  Dust them off... Don't walk away pointing and laughing.... because sooner or later that will probably be you...

Psalm 113:7 He lifts the poor from the dust and the needy from the garbage dump.

 
Psalm 10:17 Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless.Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them.


Mark 12:33 And I know it is important to love him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. This is more important than to offer all of the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law.”


 

1 comment:

kfsullivan said...

Good point. I can't help but laugh though as I see the picture of the pineapple upside down cake below. It reminds me of a story that my parents, I barely remember, tell about me and such a cake and a fall. For some reason as a very small child, I was possessed to don my plastic skates, metal were not allowed in the house, and skate the cake into the kitchen. I entered with a great fanfare and a crash and righted the upside down cake. It was still good.