Monday, May 9, 2011

Cold Inside

It's already started.  It's that time of year when it is absolutely gorgeous outside... and then all the businesses start overcooling their stores and resturants.  You go from being nice a warm and enjoying the weather to walking into a resturant to winter wonderland.  Businesses are not just "cooler" they are COLD.  I can't hardly ever wear summer dresses, capris or sandals for fear that I will end up somewhere and be miserable.  Finally, it's the time of year I love and the only place to stay warm is outside!  The same goes for riding in the car with most people... air on full blast and freezing!  Does everyone have fire in their veins?  I think that businesses should only turn their temeratures down to 68 at the most - never cooler. Just to "cool" NOT cold! If I happen to mention that I'm cold I get the roll of the eyes... but if someone is slightly warm they complain loudly that they are hot!  How is it any different??  I've always been told "put more clothes on" and frankly, I'm tired of that quick excuse to be able to hang meat in the very room I'm sitting.  No, for once, why don't you "take something off!"... and if you can't take anything more off, just make yourself a paper fan!

3 comments:

Lea also known as "CiCi" said...

Yes, Peggy that is true a lot of the time. I always carry a light sweater or jacket when we eat out in the summer. I cannot stand to be cold and try to enjoy a meal. It doesn't work for me. Have a great week!

Peggy Arteberry said...

Lea I also carry a sweater.. or leave one in the car. I know I seem to go overboard about the subject, but sometimes I just get a gut-full of being cold and not heard! Heeheh...

Deb said...

I was drawn to this blog from another. Thank you for this refreshingly honest post. I stand and applaud in full agreement.