Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Wedding ~ William and Kate

Since I have been wedding-minded because of my sons upcoming wedding, I can't help but be enamored by the royal wedding of William and Kate which will be happening tomorrow.  I have been watching all the specials on TV each night preceding the big ceremony.  I have had stars in my eyes about all the lavish prep, work, detail, money spent, extravagance etc...  I will be one of the few that will be up tomorrow morning at 5AM to watch Kate depart from her hotel on the way to Westminster Abby for the wedding ceremony.  It occurred to me last night though, that as sumptuous as the whole ceremony will be, not much of it is to the liking of William or Kate I'm sure.  No choice of colors for the bridesmaids or who to pick, the cake style, the minister...etc... but everything is super dictated, in fact, they are told what will happen more than asked what they would like. Sad for such a huge day in your life. Just imagine.  We will watch in awe tomorrow, but really, I would just much rather go to my sons wedding which has the threaded influence of friends and family all through it... with love, laughter and the sense of knowing that no matter what, we will always stick together.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Did you make that cake? It is so cute! I'm with you about the fact that W & K probably didn't get a whole lot of say. I dvd'd it so the kids and I will watch later!

Peggy Arteberry said...

Good morning Jen! No, I didn't make that cake, I just thought it was lovely! I hope that you have a great day~!

Linda said...

Peggy...I hope your son's wedding will be amazing! I love weddings. I am a hopeless romantic. (I don't know why they call it "hopeless" though.) Ha!!

Love, Linda

Lea also known as "CiCi" said...

Oh, isn't it the truth and I felt it a bit sad that truth be known, this whole wedding is really not a big deal to them at all. I mean, they've been living together for the past 5 years. As beautiful as it was, to me it truly was sad.

I love weddings and know your son's will be wonderful. All the best!