Wednesday, March 23, 2011

MOG ~ Mother of the Groom

Not long now, in fact just less than 10 weeks before my oldest son gets married. 

As the days turn warmer and the flowers and leaves start budding out on the trees I am realizing how fast time goes by.  Winter, which always seems long to me, didn't seem so long this year.  Maybe because of empty nestness, wedding plans and college events.  Maybe because I'm getting older.

Maybe because my first son is getting married.

My family and I (grandparents too) have been praying for the spouses of our children since they were born.  That God would bring that "special" one to each of them.  I believe He has done that for my Zachery in Anna.  She is a bright light in my oldest sons eyes. *tears*  She is sweet, quiet and a wonderful mother.  I look forward to the years of getting to know her better and better.  She and her son Eric are and will be a shining new part to my already wonderful family.

On a different note:  A dress to wear has been found finally after months of looking......... now for the shoes......

2 comments:

Lea also known as "CiCi" said...

Oh, Peggy, there is just something so special about a son. I so well remember the day our son married and the great gal that became our DIL.

I'm sure the shoes will not be near as hard to find as the dress.

Blessings to you my friend!

They call me "Deb" said...

We too prayed for our son's spouse from the time he was a tiny one. What a blessing is must be to see your prayers coming to fruition. How wonderful to know that God has brought your son and Anna together.
And I'm glad you found the dress! I know you'll find the shoes.
Hugs and blessings,
Deb