Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins With a Single Step

It's hard when friendships change.  When we are not "allowed" to be as deep as we once were with certain people in our lives.  The change over doesn't come easy.  Especially if they were one of the main people you ran to at the end of your day.  When others take your place the pang in your  heart can't help but be felt.  When your life hasn't changed and theirs has... and when they have people to help them through that transaction and you don't...

As I've been blogging about the past week~I need to get up, turn around and start to another destiny.  Starting today.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

How Can I Help You Say Good-Bye
Patty Loveless

Through the back window of a '59 wagon
I watched my best friend Jamie slippin' further away
I kept on waving 'till I couldn't see her
And through my tears, I asked again why we couldn't stay
Mama whispered softly, Time will ease your pain
Life's about changing, nothing ever stays the same

And she said, How can I help you to say goodbye?
It's OK to hurt, and it's OK to cry
Come, let me hold you and I will try
How can I help you to say goodbye?

How can I help you to say goodbye?

2 comments:

Linda said...

About five years ago I lost the friendship of a good friend I had had for over 10 years. She used to call me her "forever friend"...but dropped me like a hot potato after we had a disagreement which started with her blunt comment about one of my daughters. I "reacted" like a mother hen...so I appologized over and over again, but she would never say she forgave me.

I have forgiven her...but it still hurts when she snubs me at church these last 5 years. If she didn't go to my church it wouldn't be half as bad.

I give all of this to the Lord. I have confessed to her and to the Lord. He forgave me, but she hasn't. It hurts even now, as I type this.

The Bible says that it is certain that offences will come. I just have to live with it.

They call me "Deb" said...

Scoot over Linda - walking this one with you. **wink**
I've been there over and over again.