Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fickle Spring

I've always had a hard time with spring.  Just when I start getting used to 80 degree weather and wearing flip-flops and tee-shirts we will suddenly have a cold snap complete with gray skies and sheets of rain.  It makes me want to crawl back under the covers until I see the sunshine peeking out again.  Just when I take all my houseplants and put them out on the porch, just when I plant tomatoes, just when I start making the decision to buy capris this year.... cold snap!  I'm running to the porch to bring all my plants back in and I'm combing my closets for jeans and boots.  Ah, I am such a summer sunshine girl.  I could take the hot days of summer all year long.  The fresh bright sunshine and the warmth!  Yes, we need the rain and I really am glad for it, in fact I love it most days.  But today, I long for the sun to shine!

1 comment:

Lea also known as "CiCi" said...

I'm with you 100%!! We were at 87 degrees on Sat. and have been in the mid 40's since then with cloudy, gloomy days. I'm a sunshine gal and am in dire need of it right now. Sending sunshine your way!