Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Decisive Paths

Psalm 23:3  He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake

Proverbs 1:19 Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the life of those who get it.

Proverbs 3:6  In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Jeremiah 6:16  This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Acts 2:28  You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.’

Romans 11:33  Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!

God has been speaking to me lately about my path in life.  He will not force a path.  He will not make me turn a certain way.  He may gently nudge me or have the Holy Spirit convict me...  He is a true gentleman.  So many times we pray for our paths to change YET remain doing the same things we are doing. 

It does not work. It never has.

We will not get something for nothing.

We want a miracle... for God to just fall down from heaven and MAKE something different happen.... yet we want to stay on our couches, in our comfortable seats doing nothing.

We have to decide.

We have to choose..

We have to listen to Him.

CHOOSE your path, be decisive, be direct.  Do it.  Make changes while you are waiting for answers to your prayers.

No comments: