Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl XLV ~ Are you Watching?

Are you a Super Bowl watcher?  Have you had this day planned for weeks from the food to the people you are going to invite to your house?  I have not ever been a sports fan.  In fact, I had to ask this morning who was playing today because I had no idea.  It's not that I am unknowledgeable, I just don't run in circles of people who plan to watch the game.  We attended a church several years back that always watched the game together on Super Bowl Sunday~ at the church, on the overhead.... and one woman always brought her recliner from her home in the back of her truck each year! It's true!  Those were the only years that I ever remember seeing the Super Bowl.  We went mainly for the fellowship (which was wonderful) and the snack food~! :-)  It was painful to sit and watch..... lol.. but I did like some of the extravagant commercials.

I am not against watching the Super Bowl.  No, in fact, I think it's fun to plan for things and then do them.

If we REALLY want to go to Bible study or church we will.  It has nothing to do with time or busyness.  We make time for the things that we really want to do... yes, we really do.

Today as thousands of people flock together to watch the game, will you make a dedicated decision too?  Will you think about and plan to go to church, Bible study and to get involved in Christian fellowship?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

If we asked God if it pleased him to cancel church or hurry through the service, just to watch a game, I'm sure he would answer a loud NO! I have never watched football but just hearing the commercials is enough for me to know that God isn't in that! My husband loves to watch football but we've never missed church for it.

Debbie said...

Hi Peggy! Just catching up here . . .I had to ask who was playing too. haha! You were talking about out of the loop? That's me and I can't always blame the weather. ha! God bless you and your heart for Him.
p.s. Loved the part about the lady who brought her chair with her! :)