Thursday, January 6, 2011

Too Rich (Second blog of the day!)

I don't know about you, but I'd be happy not to see another piece of candy, fudge or cookie for months.  Oh, I love them... and love making them... but I'm SO TIRED of them.  I can't even hardly open blogs that have sweet recipes still going on.  Bad I know... but I think I've burned myself out this year from Thanksgiving through New Years.  I crave fresh vegetables and fruit and soups.  We need to post those kinds of recipes! **note to self**   Nothing heavy... nothing sugary and nothing gooey.  I guess this is where "too much of a good thing" can actually be too much! :-)

Are you making new food choices this year?  One of the most amazing things I see at the beginning of the year is how people are going to start eating right.  (Myself included)  All along we know how we should be eating, we just don't.  It's the number one resolution.  A lack of discipline on our parts... and selfishness.  We want to eat what we want to eat when we want to eat it.  Can I get a witness?

This year, resolutions aside, I am going to eat healthier just because I should.  I don't need to loose weight, but I do need to take care of myself.  It's my responsibility... it's my duty.

There are so many ways to start;
1.  Eat breakfast every day.
2.  Stop eating fried foods.
3.  Cut your sugar intake in half.
4.  Don't drink anything with calories in it.  Only diet pop, unsweetened tea/coffee and water.
5.  Don't eat anything after supper each evening.
6.  Stop eating fattening/high calorie foods; cheese, ice cream...

Is it easy?  No......  But you feel SO much better once you get in a routine.

What do you do to eat better?

5 comments:

Lea said...

I've been thinking these same thoughts the past few days. I've never really had a weight problem, but have just not been eating as healthy as I should. I've sort of headed back towards healthy eating this week and I feel so much better. Thanks for the inspiration!

Teresa said...

It's the after dinner time that gets me. I do great all day, but it all goes out the window at night!

Sandra said...

We don't eat or drink anything with artificial sweeteners in it. My sister-in-law was diagnosed with Graves disease and after they ran radiation in her body by pill form and ruined her immune system, she found out that she really had aspartame poisioning. Those artificial sweeteners are dangerous. You may want to read up on it. They actually had a law suit against them for feeding this to the public, even though they knew it was dangerous.

Peggy Arteberry said...

Sandra~ Thank you so much for the information on aspartame! I really need to look into that, because I drink sweetners in my coffee.. and I drink diet pop a lot. Thank you!

Graceful said...

I've given up snacking at night for my resolution -- it's killing me! I swear I eat half my daily intake of calories at 8 p.m. I know, pretty unhealthy! Hopefully it will get easier as I go along.