Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Roll Up The Sidewalks!

When it snows in this small town almost everything comes to a halt.  Those of you in the northeasterly states would laugh at us for sure.  Just barely an inch on the ground... or a chance of ice~ and school is called off and businesses are closed. :-)

We all love a snow day off from work, off from school... a day when we have a great "excuse" to just relax.. to stay indoors, to stay in jammies... to bake and read and watch TV...

Roll up those sidewalks... take it easy when you can.  Stay inside and relax... and let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Job 37:6  He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour."

4 comments:

Sue said...

Our sidewalks here in the Carolinas have been rolled up too, Peggy. Stay warm as we are trying to.
Hugs, Sue

Linda said...

Love this picture Peggy!

Yes...I think God gives us these snow days to slow our lives down a bit.

Enjoy!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Laura of Harvest Lane said...

May I add knit to your list? It's cold and snowy here in SW Missouri, too.

I have no car this week; so, I'll be in all week!

Laura

Jennifer @ Getting Down With Jesus said...

We've rolled up the sidewalks, too! We have had two snow days in a row. I am really, really thankful I have a four-wheel drive vehicle this winter. Our country lane -- about .2 mile long -- has been a mess. I feel like surrendering ... like rolling up my driveway and hibernating!