Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Hurries ~ How to Relax

No hurries... None.  I am enjoying this part of life.  Being an empty nester since August and attending a new church since September my life has drastically changed!  And, I. Love. It.  Gone are the days of having the kids running in different directions at one time (Round-up Club, Football and Soccer ~ Church camp, stay-overs and slumber parties) and in are the days of cooking much less and quiet evenings.  Don't get me wrong, I miss my children dearly and pine for them... but life has a way of beating on. 

Here is my life of no hurries:

1.  Get up at 6:00 to leave for work at 8:00.
2.  Work all day.
3.  Get home approx 5:00 and make supper.
4.  Eat supper.
5.  Clean kitchen ~ Maybe do laundry if needed.
6.  Sit on couch watching TV/on the computer/doing a personal project until bedtime.
7.  Go to bed about 10:00
8.  Repeat

There you have it.  The evenings are so very quiet.  Other than attending church regularly, the weekends are blissfully not taken up.

Weekends tend to me my "clean time" and that in itself just doesn't take very long at all.

SO... are you in a hurry?  Is it time for you to slow down?  What do you need to say "no" to or let go of?

Let's talk!

2 comments:

Lea said...

Oh, isn't it great! When both of our children left for college, it was such a sad time, but I recovered really quickly. :o) It was so nice to have uninterrupted conversations, not have to run a taxi service, and just be free of the responsibility. We so enjoy our children, their spouses and Grandchildren. Each phase of their lives has bought different pleasures. Blessings!

They call me "Deb" said...

Awwww... isn't it wonderful to be able to just take a breath and relax?
I'm so glad you were eased into empty nesting and are enjoying it!
Hugs,
Deb