Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year, A Fresh, Clean Start

I love Calvin and Hobbs and have for years.  This strip is right on the nose.  I love standing in this moment, at the beginning of January knowing that a whole "new" world is out there for me.  I love this time of feeling refreshed and even the feeling of starting all over.  It's like the slate has been wiped clean and I get a chance at life again!

I don't commit to New Year resolutions because I don't like failure.  Instead, I choose about 3 or 4 things and try hard to stick with them.  I know that it's been said that if we stick with something for 21 days or longer, we can make it a habit.

I haven't dieted in years... but this year (being as I AM getting older) I am going to chose to live healthier.  Mostly with diet (for energy) and then with exercise (for muscle tone).  It's funny to me that loosing weight is the number one thing on most people's lists.  Not that loosing weight is funny, but that we really do all know how to eat, we just don't.

This year I feel a newness, a freshness in my spirit.  I want my relationship with the Lord to be deeper and truer than over.... and I know through commit of my own and God's promises, I will be able to do it.

I want to wish all of you, my blog friends the best year ever.  May your relationship with Jesus go deeper than deep, may your families be in perfect health and may God provide your every need!  Hugs

4 comments:

Janet Rose said...

Happy New Year, Peggy! I'm not one for resolutions, either, but am looking forward to living with more vigor this year...spiritually and physically!

Jennifer @ Getting Down With Jesus said...

How I love the image of snow -- and of life -- as being like a clean slate on which to draw something new!

Thank you for this. And Happy New Year!

Sue said...

Happy New Year Peggy, May you new year be filled with many more blessings. I like the new year cartoon.
Blessings,
Sue

Debbie said...

I loved this post and echo your feelings of the new year. Don't always feel this way, but am excited about Him changing me more and more and all the possibilities in Him! Thank you, Peggy, for sharing and always leading us on in Jesus! :)