Friday, January 14, 2011

It's All Going to be Okay

It's all going to be okay.

Have you ever said that to anyone when they were in a hard situation of some sort?  How easy it is for us to profess faith on others in their time of weakness.

Have you been there?

You tell someone all about the issues that are going on in your life and then they turn and look at you and tell you "It's all going to be okay?"

While I understand the thought, and yes, everything will be okay for those who are in Christ.  But, that doesn't mean things will go our way, it means that He knows the plans He has for us, to prosper us and not fail.

People are not interested in hearing everything is going to be okay... they want to know how to handle the here and now.  They can't see the future, they are in turmoil.  They need answers today... assurance today... in the moment.

Next time resist the urge to say "It's all going to be okay"... instead reach out a hand, pray with that person, touch them, listen to them... just BE with them.........

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love this post! When I went through some really hard times, I just wanted to talk with someone who had been there. But no one I knew had. I'm thankful for the friends who prayed for me, and didn't try to pacify me. As for those who offered the "It's all going to be okay," they (nor I) knew for sure that it really would be ok. I love that you addressed this issue!

Lea said...

Wow! great entry. Have you read "Everyone's Normal Until You Get to Know Them" by John Ortberg? This post reminds me of some of the contents in that book. People have such a need to know someone cares, more than they need to know that everything is going to be okay.

Always enjoy stopping by! Blessings for a great week-end!