Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Menopause?

Sometimes life isn't too nice.. I just received word today that I'm "menopausal"... and possibly even "post menopausal."  I've been assigned some Estradiol that I will start tomorrow.  This is a first for me.  When did this happen?  When did I say it could?... I'm a bit miffed that I wasn't asked permission first!  Actually, I have a really good sense of humor about it.  I've had a lot of people tell me that I have done well and that I have actually had very light symptoms.... and because of that, I can't complain.  And, I know too, that I have sister-friends out there that are in the exact same boat as I am...

2 comments:

Linda said...

I stopped cycles when I was 47..and did the hot flash thing and all that goes with it. I had the mood swings too...but not too bad. All in all I'd say that not having cycles anymore was worth it all! (:>) I'd had 37 years of cramps and was happy to say good-bye to those too. (:>)

So I don't know...maybe you should celebrate!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

They call me "Deb" said...

Oh welcome to the better half of life!! There's such freedom on this side (hee hee).
Like your previous commenter, Linda, I too am glad those days are over. I ended that stuff about 3 yrs. ago and did (and still do now and then) the hot flash thing too. My mood swings weren't even noticeable. And over all, I did quite well without any doctor care.
I am so glad God gives those child-bearing years to the younger crowd. I am celebrating the freedom menopause brings to those of us who are in it.
Hugs and prayers,
Deb