Monday, December 6, 2010

God's Timing

Proverbs 3:5-6 

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.

I am so thankful for the times in my life when God has picked me up and made me point in another direction.  If not for Him, I would be walking the same path and going the same way.

Many times He moves us from where we are~ from what we are in the middle of... to a different walk.  While obeying, we look back at what we are leaving and question what God is doing in our lives.  He sometimes gently prods us to keep walking.. and sometimes it's not ever for us to know.  Many times though, I find that I can look back on things and blatantly see all that He has protected me from~ or taken me from.  It's then, that I'm so thankful that He sees the ultimate big picture of things.  Sometimes when we are right in the middle of something, we just cannot see things for what they are.  And, I truly believe, that God will move us from jobs, churches, friendships etc... before things happen~ so that we will not be involved in happenings/circumstances in those surroundings.  Ah, He is soooo good.

4 comments:

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Indeed He is so good! Thanks for this great message today - my heart was hungry for it.

Linda said...

Oh I know what you mean Peggy. I didn't want to move to Kansas from Colorado...I dragged my feet all the way! But it was all meant to be.

My girls found their mates here...my husband became a Christian here...we have had 14 Kansas born Grandchildren here!

And we found our wonderful church here over 30 years ago. We have lost 3 of our grandchildren and they have rallied round us and supported us through many trials.

God knows best! We may drag our feet, but God is in control!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Linda said...

Oh Peggy may I copy this harvest/sunset picture? (I love it) Did you get it from the internet? And was it a free?

Peggy Arteberry said...

Linda, yes, please take it! Yes, I just found it online somewhere! Hugs