Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Wedding Cookies

These are some of my all-time favorite cookies... and they are SO simple to make...

Christmas Wedding Cookies

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-pupose flour
1 cup finely chopped almonds or pecans
1/4 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar

Pre-heat oven to 325 F. In a large bowl combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Blend well. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool slightly and roll in powdered sugar. Cool completely and reroll in powdered sugar.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi, Peggy! These look absolutely de-lish! I can imagine how they melt in the mouth. Those wedding cookies are some of my faves--and perfect for Christmas!

Thank you for your kind words over at the Wellspring the other day. I so appreciate all the amazing women I have met and God has led me to through the blogging community. Many blessings to you!

Debbi said...

Ooh, Yummy! How happy am I that I ran across your blog, and you put this recipe up!? yay!
I wish you a happy hunt for your dress, by the way! What fun! A Summer ago, I went to all kinds of lengths to find the perfect dress and have it altered, then I saw the Mother of the Bride dress, and started all over again. Mine was nothing flashy, just raw silk, but her's was a printed cotton. Ah well . . . :) Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! Isn't it wonderful to see your children blessed?!