Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Questions

*I borrowed this from CiCi's Corner*

1. Have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? How about the warm weather version-a carriage ride?
No, I've been in a horse drawn wagon ride... does that count?  Actually, I would absolutely love to someday go on a sleigh ride!

2. What's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? Do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? Do you delete the sender from your contact list or just go ahead and send the love onward? I delete it without even giving it a thought but I do not delete the sender from my contact list.  I just don't participate in those type of things.

3. Who is your favorite character in any of the Christmas movies and why? Rudolph!  I remember as a child we would plan to watch Rudolph. (Back in the days of TV Guide and no DVR or movies to buy or rent)  We would eat supper, take showers, put blankets in the floor, pop popcorn and snuggle down in the floor... Ah, those are the memories of Christmas that I miss...

4. Share a favorite quote. I have two:  "Jesus is the Reason for the Season".... and "Wise Men Still Seek Him."

"5. What's your favorite holiday scent? This isn't my favorite scent, but I scent I clearly remember... and to this day it always brings the memories of Christmas back to me.  Are you ready?  Scotch Tape!  No, I'm not kidding.  I always think of wrapping Christmas presents when I smell this smell!  My favorite scents are probably the mixture of a real tree lingering in the house... and baking, baking, baking! 
6. Does the Christmas season stress you out? In what way? No, I LOVE this time of year.  I love hustle and bustle.  I LOVE getting into the crowds, the lines....  I love dressing up in Christmas vests and sweaters.  I think when we get stressed it comes from too much expectation.  We shouldn't worry about what we are getting for who.  We should give out of our hearts.  If we are not able to give, then we shouldn't just to break our budget and save face.  There are so many things we can do for others that doesn't cost anything.
 7. What's the best thing about your life right now? This has been a very different Christmas for us being empty nesters...  The best things in my life right now are home, health and love.  And, foremost, having a loving Savior.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I will finally be getting the tree put up this Sunday!  I'm so excited!

4 comments:

Lea said...

Peggy, so nice to meet you and so glad you dropped by. And, I see you are from Ok. My daughter and her husband lived in Stillwater until this past June and they moved here to NE Louisiana.

Do hope you'll link up with Hodgepodge Wednesday next week. Joyce hosts us each week and we enjoy it so much.

Blessings to you!

Linda said...

This was a lovely post Peggy. I loved the pictures and your memories....especially the blanket on the floor, in your jammies...watching Rudolph together as a family memory. Childhood memories are so much fun. (Mine are so vivid to me...but I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday! Ha!)

Glad you enjoy the season...and the true meaning of Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by. Oh, and I became your follower today! Always glad to follow a fellow Christian sister! (:>)

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Jen said...

I can't say that I love the hustle and bustle, long lines, and such, BUT I so agree with you that the stress comes from expectations. Somehow, this year, through God's grace, I've been able to roll with the punches and live by His expectations and not my own.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Too funny about the scotch tape! Great to learn more about you, Peggy! :)