1. Have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? How about the warm weather version-a carriage ride?
No, I've been in a horse drawn wagon ride... does that count? Actually, I would absolutely love to someday go on a sleigh ride!
2. What's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? Do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? Do you delete the sender from your contact list or just go ahead and send the love onward? I delete it without even giving it a thought but I do not delete the sender from my contact list. I just don't participate in those type of things.
3. Who is your favorite character in any of the Christmas movies and why? Rudolph! I remember as a child we would plan to watch Rudolph. (Back in the days of TV Guide and no DVR or movies to buy or rent) We would eat supper, take showers, put blankets in the floor, pop popcorn and snuggle down in the floor... Ah, those are the memories of Christmas that I miss...
4. Share a favorite quote. I have two: "Jesus is the Reason for the Season".... and "Wise Men Still Seek Him."
"5. What's your favorite holiday scent? This isn't my favorite scent, but I scent I clearly remember... and to this day it always brings the memories of Christmas back to me. Are you ready? Scotch Tape! No, I'm not kidding. I always think of wrapping Christmas presents when I smell this smell! My favorite scents are probably the mixture of a real tree lingering in the house... and baking, baking, baking!
6. Does the Christmas season stress you out? In what way? No, I LOVE this time of year. I love hustle and bustle. I LOVE getting into the crowds, the lines.... I love dressing up in Christmas vests and sweaters. I think when we get stressed it comes from too much expectation. We shouldn't worry about what we are getting for who. We should give out of our hearts. If we are not able to give, then we shouldn't just to break our budget and save face. There are so many things we can do for others that doesn't cost anything.
7. What's the best thing about your life right now? This has been a very different Christmas for us being empty nesters... The best things in my life right now are home, health and love. And, foremost, having a loving Savior.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I will finally be getting the tree put up this Sunday! I'm so excited!