Friday, December 10, 2010

There IS Hope!

**Alcohol and cigarettes.  That's what she smelled like when she walked into the shop to pay her bills.  Only 11 AM....

**From her spot in the salon chair to my chair way across the room you could smell her.  I'm sure she may not even know the last time she's taken a bath.

**No teeth, dirty shirt, disheveled and tired.  She paid her bills and left.

God loves them too. 

In fact, just as much as he love you and me!

Yes, of course He does.  Just because I bathe and don't smell doesn't mean I have the corner on things.

What a humbling thought to know that Jesus loves us just as we are.  Sometimes those who look totally put together on the outside are the biggest messes inside.  It's the Holy Spirits quiet promptings in our hearts after we are saved that causes us to clean our lives up.  We couldn't do it for others, or even ourselves.. but with His help we can.

As Jeremiah 29:11 says, He has a plan and a purpose for us.  Not just the saved.  Everyone. 

We do have to "tap in" and come to a saving relationship with Him for Him to reveal Himself to us though...

We can be filled with hope!  Do you have hope today?  Do you know that God has plans for your life?  For good and not disaster... and to give you a bright future and a hope?

(NLT) Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

3 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE THIS!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Jenilee said...

thank you for visiting my blog and for your sweet encouraging comment. It brought tears to my eyes. thank you!

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

such a great message here. I just love the verse in Jeremiah and i love the fabulous message of hope for all.