Monday, November 15, 2010

Someone You Know Needs Help



How often does violence go on in the homes of those we go to church with?  Between dad and son, preacher and his wife, children and their mother...?  Have you known children that are unusually quiet around their parents, who are all the time very subdued and withdrawn? (I do..)... or wives that have a "beat down" attitude or that don't talk much? (I do.)  Sometimes it makes me wonder.  What really goes on behind closed doors?  What about that husband who is so insecure that he takes out his frustrations by forcibly abusing his wife and family because he can't control anything else?  Or the parent who mocks their child and tells them they they will never amount to anything because their hair is too long or they want to listen to certain kinds of music?  I believe those bruises not seen (although I know there are actual real bruises on their bodies at times) are way deep in the hearts of the victims.  What can we do when we are pretty sure we know abuse is happening but we haven't actually seen it?  What can we say?  What can we do?

3 comments:

kfsullivans@charter.net said...

So sorry that I missed you today. I have never privatized a blog. I had to today. Please come back any time that you like.
I enjoyed reading a bit of yours tonight.

lisa said...

I was watching a TV program friday night..it is called What Would You Do...It was about a teen guy abusing his girlfriend..Alot of people came to her aid.. but alot of comments were said about not doing it in public do it behind closed doors..My 22 year son was like what was that he or she said?? I said you heard that right...He goes out in public or behind closed doors is totally wrong..I was so glad to hear that from my son..What can we do?? I have no idea...The only thing is educate young people in schools and college and be there for your friend or family member if they go through abuse...Lisa

I am His Beloved said...

So much abuse in our homes, in our churches, in our neighborhoods...what do we do? We lend an ear, a hand, truth...
..wish I could share more..there is so much I could say..
..Thanks for commenting on my site, you are beautiful my friend.
My email is iamhisbeloved1@gmail.com