Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mine is Bigger/Better

Have you ever tried to carry on a conversation with someone and all the while they try to out-tell you on whatever you have to say?  "I bought a turkey last night!"  "Really?  Last year I bought a 30lb turkey!"...  "I sure wish I had less bills to pay!."  "I'll trade bills with you any day!"... I don't understand this kind of thinking.  Our importance comes from God... our worth.. our "who" we are...  It all comes from Him and belongs to him.  These days we are far too worried with I and ME. 

How many sentences in your day do you use starting with the word "I?"  Try to take notice the next time you use that word.  Be aware of what you are saying about yourself and to whom you are talking.  Take comfort in knowing you are a child of  God.  You don't need to prove yourself to anyone, be better than anyone, or belittle anyone.  Just be you.  The you God made.  Not perfect, forgiven.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Love this, Peggy! I love practical ways to see where God might want to work on our hearts--and you nailed this one!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too. I appreciate the kind words!

Linda said...

Good post! So true. We need to guard against doing that..."I,I,I!"

Isn't that a lovely scarf in your picture? Love it!