Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just Let it be Thanksgiving

Just let it be Thanksgiving~

Don't trim the tree yet...
Don't Christmas shop yet...
Don't get caught up in the "season" yet...
Don't make plans for who's coming at Christmas...
Don't wonder what Uncle Bob may want...
Don't listen to Christmas music...

Not just yet!

Let Thanksgiving come FIRST!

We go right from Halloween to Christmas these days... and I just wish that we would put Thanksgiving out there with shows on TV, love, family and friends the way we do Christmas!

Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE fan of Christmas.  But, for just this year, for another week and a half... let's remember what we are thankful for... and let's not try to "rush" the Thanksgiving season.







2 comments:

lisa said...

Your so right...Russ and I always said what about Thanksgiving..This year the Christmas stuff was out way to early in the stores.. The Salvation Army is ringing the bells early this year.... I had been thinking about the tree going up this weekend but had nixed that idea and you comfirmed it for me today..Thank you...Lisa

Linda said...

Oh I know...it comes and goes too quickly...I LOVE Thanksgiving! We rush right past it...and I like to savor it and soak in all of the blessings God has given me and spend a season of thanks!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits