Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hypothyroid

Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
  • Fatigue
  • Weakness
  • Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
  • Coarse, dry hair
  • Dry, rough pale skin
  • Hair loss
  • Cold intolerance (you can't tolerate cold temperatures like those around you)
  • Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches
  • Constipation
  • Depression
  • Irritability
  • Memory loss
  • Abnormal menstrual cycles
I went to the doctor yesterday because I haven't been feeling well.  I really thought that he would increase my progesterone cream or at least test my hormones.  He went in an entirely different direction.  He said that due to my symptoms he thought I may be having thyroid problems and that I am currently anemic.  I should know by the end of the day today with a call on my thyroid... or possibly Thursday.  (My doctor is out on Wednesdays)  He told me to go ahead and look up hypothyroidism online and to do a little research.  Several of the symptoms do seem to be exactly what I've been feeling the past couple of months.  I've been tested several times in my life for thyroid problems, but I've always turned out to be okay.  I am just wondering if anyone out there has dealt with  hypothyroidism?  If so, I would love to hear about it.  What you felt like before and what treatment did for you.  Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you as the cognizable critique. I and my neighbour had been merely preparing to do some study wide this one. We got a seize a soft-cover from our local library, but i feel I discovered additional from this set up. I'm utterly glad to view such wonderful facts fetching shared generously available.