Friday, November 19, 2010

Fair Weather Lady

I am not a winter-weather type person... I'm not even a very cool fall day person.  I love warm weather.  I don't mind it being *barely* cool outside so that I can wear my boots, jeans and sweatshirts... but that's only in the high 60's to low 70's range for me. For as long as I can remember, I haven't been able to take cold weather very well.  I've had many who have told me (in quite an unkind way) over the years to, "add another layer!"... but it does NOT get me warm.  My body just doesn't generate heat very well... And, I can't make it do it at will.  If a room full of people are sweating, I am perfectly comfortable... but if my nose, fingers and toes are cold, they are all fine!  Believe me, if I could make myself become warm at will, I would!  Year-round at work I will run a small portable heater... in the summer the air conditioning is way too cold and in the winter it's just cold!  I've not ever been able to wear cute summer dresses or shorts because the insides of buildings and churches in the summer freeze me to death.  I always have a jacket (and throw blanket) waiting in the car.  Always.  And, I am one of the rare few that on a super hot summer day...  go to the car when it's steaming inside and just sit for a minute and soak the heat in.  Usually I've been in a cold building that has my fingers frozen... and it feels sooo good. 

Yes, I am cold natured.
No, I can't help it.

I'm just saying......

No comments: