Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for fall weather.... Thankful for the *slight* coolness in the air.... for the crisp leaves and the fresh smelling air.  I'm thankful for the relief that it gives to not only my body, but my life.  I tend to start to hibernate towards the end of the year.  It won't be long and it will be too cold to do things outside.  That's when we (or at least I) start to slow down my life.  I tend to want to stay in the kitchen more this time of year cooking and baking.  I want to just "hunker down" (that's a southeastern Oklahoma term) with a book and a blanket in the evenings.  For the beginning of this time of year I am thankful.  I used to be a summer girl... I loved all things warm and hot.  Being cold natured it's been hard staying warm most of my life! ;-)  But, the fall has always held a dear place for me in my heart.  So, this morning I tip my Pumpkin Spice coffee cup to you with a cheer to this fall time of year!

No comments: