Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Suicide

Three months ago my best friend's brother committed suicide.  She took two weeks off of work~ to settle funeral arrangements and to try to heal.  Yesterday she went to her family doctor again because at this mark in her journey she is just now coming out of the shock of it all and she's really starting to see things as they are. She's had a lot of tears and thoughts that won't leave her alone.  Her doctor has taken her off of work for another month.  During this time she will be attending grief counseling and drawing close to God.  I cannot understand what she is going through, but I know that I want to be all she needs ~other than God~ as she's going through this awful time in her life.  I pray that Jesus sends His Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to touch her and heal her inside and out.  If you would take a moment and remember her for me in prayer, I would be so thankful.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry and am praying with you for your friend. The ache and grief of that must be so intense. May His arms hold her and whisper love to her at this time. Thank you for sharing so we can pray.

Peggy Arteberry said...

Thank you Debbie *tears* This means so much to me.....