Friday, October 29, 2010

Lou's Cash?

When I was quite a bit younger my dad was stationed overseas in England.  We attended Fordham Congregational Church~ which was off base in a little community.  I remember hearing every Sunday morning during announcements~ something about "Lou's cash."  Finally one Sunday after church I asked my parents "Who is Lou?"  They both looked at each other.  I said "You know, Lou... they tell us every Sunday morning how much cash he brings...  Why do they announce his offering and no one else's?"  When my parents figured out what I was trying to say they had quite a giggle.  Turns out, when the announcements were being made, they were announcing the dollars and "loose cash" given in the offering each Sunday before.  It's funny what we sometimes hear when we think we are listening.  The words in our mouths may come out right on our end, but others may not "hear" the same thing.  We should be very careful with what we say so as to not mislead someone unintentionally.

Remember the children's song "Be careful little eyes what you see?"


Two of the verses say:

Be careful little mouth what you say..
Be careful little mouth what you say..
For the Father above, is looking down in love, oh be careful little mouth what you say

Be careful little ears what you hear..
Be careful little ears what you hear..
For the Father above, is looking down in love, oh be careful little ears what you hear

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think concerning adding some more pictures? I don’t want to offend anyone, blog is really nice. But as I know visitors acquire info much more efficient if they see certain helpful images.

Joahn Nixon
cell signal jammer

Debbie said...

My daughter does that all the time, hearing and singing things that I have to figure out. :) She sings "recipe the name of the Lord" instead of "blessed be the name of the Lord." And she kept saying "hope brings a turtle". It took me awhile to figure out it was suppose to be "hope springs eternal".
God bless you Peggy!