Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Five

1.  I'm so glad it's Friday!  My oldest son is coming down this weekend.  I'll be making ribs and mashed potatoes with gravy~ one of his favorites.

2.  The weather in the day has been beautiful.  A bit cool in the mornings for me at 41 degrees  (I know, I'm a baby!)~ but beautiful nonetheless!  I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt and a sweater this morning... and my hands are still cold!

3.  I received a bunch of banana's.  I've frozen several freezer bags about full~ maybe approx. 18 bananas.... now what to do with them?  I don't want to make banana bread, cake or muffins.  My family just won't eat them... Maybe because those are the things that I've made over and over the past couple of months?

4.  I am trying today to make an effort to eat healthier.  I've been eating quite a bit of junk including Candy Corn mixed with salted peanuts.  Ugh... I could eat that stuff all day long and then skip supper!  I need to start eating more fruits.  I'm a pretty good vegetable eater, but fruits are harder for me.  I have to do it purposefully.

5.  Everyone is coming to our house for Thanksgiving this year.  We may have just over 20 people.  I'm really excited.  I am going to be making the (Martha Stewart brine) turkey, dressing and  corn pudding.  Everyone else is bringing sides or desserts.  Instead of fancy plates and silverware, we are getting paper and plastic to make clean up faster and easier.

No comments: