Friday, October 15, 2010

Cold Hands Warm Heart?

I remember as a very young girl my mom dressing me.  I would all the time be jumping around and giggling because her hands were always so cold!  Now, as an adult I have aquired her cold hands. When I'm in a group of people who hold hands to pray or anything else- someone always comments about how cold my hands are (while I was thinking how warm theirs were!).  I've heard over and over about how I must have a kind heart because my hands are always so cold!

Here's what I found on the subject:

Cold hands, warm heart

Meaning: A cool, reserved exterior may hide a kind heart.

In cold weather, blood goes away from the hands and feet to protect the brain and main part of the body. Then your hands will be cold but your heart will be warm.

2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I am exactly the same way. Do you have Raynaud's at all? Mine get to the point sometimes of getting purple and losing circulation in tips.

Peggy Arteberry said...

No, I don't have Raynauds, but my sister thinks she does. Hers will get splotchy and red... and sometimes whitish...