Saturday, October 23, 2010

Amazing Grace

My chains are gone, I've been set free.  My God my Savior, has ransomed me.  And, like a flood His mercy reins.  Unending love, amazing grace.

Conversation with my daughter who is home from college on Fall Break:

Daughter:  "Mom, I think I'm just now realizing what grace is."

Me:  "Really?  Why do you say that?"

Daughter:  "Because the more I study daily, the more it's being opened to me in my mind and heart."

Me:  "Yes, for me undestanding grace comes when I realize it's not by what I've done, but by what He's done.... When I realize that it's unconditional.... When I realize like the virgin birth, it's something that is so, even though I don't fully comprehend it...

Daughter: (With tears in her eyes) "I really am...... I just starting to understand it."

No comments: