Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fall Dreamin'

It won't be long and we'll be grabbing coffee to warm ourselves before we venture out into the much cooler weather.  I love coffee on a cool fall day...  Something about this time of year refreshes my spirit.  When the weather cools to the perfect 73 degrees... it's like everything is sighing with relief.  It makes me long for my jeans and sweatshirts, pumpkins, fall leaves, Thanksgiving and family. 

Yesterday it rained most of the day.  We have a real good chance for quite a bit more the rest of this week.  I enjoyed just watching it fall like sheets from the sky and listening to it on the metal building I was in.  Even the overcast skies and the gray pallor of the outside world didn't bother me... in fact it made me wish I were at home with the windows thrown open and an apple pie coming out of the oven.

I am always ready for the next season to get here by the time it comes around~ okay, every season but winter that is~I'm so NOT a winter person.  As spring comes I enjoy the greenness and new life, as summer comes I enjoy the hot weather and sunny skies, as fall comes I love the slightly cooler air and leaves and as winter comes... (thinking really hard here on something I like about winter.. *smile) as winter comes I enjoy staying inside by the fire and spending time with family and friends.

I'm off now into a rainy, cooler day once again.... and I'm saying ~Thank You Lord~!

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I love fall!! Cooler weather, rustling of changing leaves, fall smells - pumpkin, apple spice, etc. Feeling of change in the air!