Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This is Your Life

Switchfoot has a song with this line- "This is your life, are you who you want to be?" (In Jesus)

Are you in the middle of something that you are trying to make happen- and it's just not? Are you fighting an uphill battle when no one else around you seem to care or wants to get involved?

Or, maybe just the opposite- are you running from what God is asking you to do? Are you who you know God wants you to be?

There have been times in my life when I knew that God had lead me to do something, but I did it my way. I kept on doing that thing, even though I knew it had died. I kept insisting (because I knew God implanted that desire in me) and kept trying to resurrect it... when God was saying, no, that's not it anymore- or not here- or not that way or- not at this time.

This is your life, are you who God wants you to be? Are you staying beyond your welcome in places you want to be when He says it's time to move on?

I want to encourage you to live your life for Him. Don't look to the side or back. If He is encouraging you to expand your horizons, to move on, then with Him you know it is possible. If He is opening bigger and better opportunities for you, you may not see them if your eyes are only on what you want to look at. Be willing to turn, to do something different. To make huge, life-changing steps toward His goal for your life.



No comments: