Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Five

1. Today is supposed to be a super hot day. In the upper 104's-105's. That's not counting the heat index. I don't remember in any present past it ever being this hot for this long during the summer. One summer when I was in high school I went to Commerce TX for flag camp and it was 101. I thought it was just scorching! This year we've had a record number of days with 100 degree heat.

2. Lacey will be moving into the dorms at Oklahoma Baptist University on the 21st. This coming weekend will be the last weekend with her at home.... Not sure what to think about that.

3. I have put a resume together and I am going to start applying at places again. I have been around this bush so many times I have to wonder, what it is that I'm not learning? I've cried out to God a lot about jobs in the last 4 years. Whatever it is, I don't want to keep coming back to it, I just want to learn, correct and continue on.

4. I'm looking forward to Fall. It's my favorite time of the year. More so for the colors, leaves and smell in the air than for any other reason. I love wearing boots, jeans and a long sleeved shirt comfortably without being too cold or too hot.

5. Today the shop is full of talkative people. I've heard conversations about Project Runway, people who talk on their cell phones too much, mammogram procedures.......etc.. Some people that come in rattle the whole time- the whole conversation is about them and what's going on in their lives... In fact, I just noticed that everyone has sat back, got quiet and has helplessly started listening, because they can't get a word in edge wise...... LOL

No comments: