Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dislike~

Is there anyone in your life that you genuinely dislike? Is there someone that you dislike ~ and you really don't have reason for it? They've never done you wrong, they've not talked about you, they've not treated you badly... yet you really dislike them?

Let's turn the tables.... Has anyone ever disliked you? Why?

I have some people in my life who dislike me. As for the reason(s), I'm not sure. It's always bothered me when I've felt straight out dislike from anyone because I've always liked and got along with all people. I have always had a strong family bond growing up... always felt loved to the max and always loved God with all my heart.

Although we should always get along with everyone, inside our hearts and out (in our minds and hearts as well as our outside actions), it's really not important that we find our worth in others. Our worth comes from God alone. He is the reason we exist. He is the reason we have eternal life. He loves us no matter who we are and no matter where we have come from.

Give that person that you dislike grace today. Extend it freely as Jesus does. Love them. Get to know them. And if they reject you, try again tomorrow. It's worth it.

And, if someone dislikes you today... pray for them. Go to them if need be and tell them. They may not even realize that there might be a problem... it may be only bothering you!

God is a God of mercy and grace and love...... Oh, to be like Him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Peggy Arteberry said...

Anonymous, you are welcome. Come back by sometime! Hugs