Monday, March 29, 2010

Are You Soiled?

Today as I was raking the front flower bed and cutting the old stems off my cannas I was thinking about the soil. How often is it referenced in the Bible and what does it have to say about it specifically? I looked at the dark, rich soil under my rake and spade that had been added to through the years with fertilizer, compost and manure. Prime. Fertile and ready. Are we mature soil, dark, rich and ready... or do we need nutrients added to us~ to break us down and to mold and make us?

Isaiah 61:11
For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.

Enrich your soil! Add to it from the Word of the Lord, prayer and study. Assemble with those that are like-minded and live your life your very best... and most of all~ for Him.

No comments: